Our client, Part of Leonardo, through its Helicopter division is set to become a Centre of Excellence for new light helicopters and an incubator of new technologies; also contributing to the development of new hybrid and electrical propulsion systems. The single-engine, turbine-powered aircraft now under development will outperform its peers with increased modularity, modern electronic systems, and a larger cabin and cargo hold.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship across the multi-disciplinary team to design, develop, certify and support the Airframe systems (Fuel, Powerplant, ECS and other equipment).
- Develop and perform overall technical planning and provide airworthiness verification support
- Help to resolve technical problems that would affect cost, schedule and aircraft system performance
- Work closely with engineering leadership (Head of Departments) and other subjects matter experts for the review and approval of engineering design solutions
- Organize, lead and report to Head of Design Organisation for technical design reviews
- Support the development of technical and product roadmaps
- Facilitate the continuous improvement of a rapid-turn design-to-specification process
- Support the development of design standards and procedures
- Support Design to cost initiatives
- Provide approval of design data to level appropriate for ‚system chief‘
- Support the management of vendors for development and qualification of various equipment.
Your qualificationsProficient knowledge in :
EASA Part 21
Aircraft and component testing
Aircraft qualification and certification
Aircraft in-service experience
- Excellent communication in English, other languages are an advantage
- Proficient MS Office skills and SAP knowledge
- Self-driven and able to work under strong pressure adhering to set deadlines
- High communication and negotiation skills
- Self-driven and pro-active
- Analytic and problem solving attitude
- Used to work under pressure
- Forward-looking positive and cooperatively
- Extensive experience of Aircraft Mechanical Systems – (Powerplant, Fuel, ECS and other major systems).
- Preferably in the Rotorcraft industry.
- Experience of managing vendor activity, including integration and validation.
- Leadership experience.
- Certification experience, preferably Civil
- Degree in Engineering
- Strong experience (more than 5 years) Aircraft major systems design and development
- Excellent communication in English
- Other languages are an advantage
- Proficient MS Office skills and SAP knowledge, more than 3 years